Errol Spence Jr. returns to the ring 14 months after the car accident that left him hospitalized in critical condition, but the welterweight world champion is hardly easing his way back in.
Spence puts his IBF and WBC titles on the line against Danny Garcia at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, an impressive venue worthy of hosting a clash between two of the leading names at 147 pounds.
Spence vs. Garcia card, odds
- Errol Spence Jr. -450 vs.Danny Garcia +350, WBC and IBF welterweight championship
- Eduardo Ramirez -440 vs. Miguel Flores +340, featherweights
- Sebastian Fundora vs. Habib Ahmed, super welterweights
- Josesito Lopez -330 vs. Francisco Santana +260, welterweights
- Isaac Avelar vs. Sakaria Lukas, super featherweights
- Frank Martin vs. Tyron Luckey, lightweights
- Fernando Garcia vs. Juan Tapia, featherweights
- Burley Brooks vs. Marco Delgado, super middleweights
- Vito Mielnicki Jr. vs. Steven Pulluaim, welterweights
Spence vs Garcia RECENT HISTORY
Spence added a second title when pipping Porter on points. An 11th-round knockdown was not crucial in deciding the outcome on the cards, with two giving it 116-111 in his favour (the other judge had it 115-112 to Porter, another example of how scoring in boxing is completely subjective).
He also went the distance against Mikey Garcia, having previously become accustomed to stoppages, most notably over Kell Brook in the Englishman’s back yard that earned him the IBF strap.
Garcia, meanwhile, has recorded stoppage wins over Adrian Granados and Ivan Redkach in his previous two outings, though neither were seen as much more than keep-busy bouts while waiting for a bigger test.
Now he gets his shot to put his name back among the elite in the division – all he has to do is put an end to Spence’s 26-fight unbeaten streak.
Spence vs Garcia Fight Info
Date: Saturday, Dec. 5 | Start Time: 9:00 pm ET
Location: AT&T Stadium – Arlington, TX
TV: PPV (US) / Premier Sports (UK)